Audio Research Reference 80S Power Amplifier (Stereo)
Type: Vacuum tube amplifier
- Audio Research 50th Anniversary Model
- Designed and manufactured by American original factory
- Five poles with powerful thrust of 70 watts
- Three pole gold sweet 35 watts
- Automatic bias, can be used to adjust the tone with KT150/KT120/KT88/6550, etc.
- One of the best tube amp brands in the world
- The latest patented Ghostmeter, tasteful and stylish
- Support RS232 control
70 watts continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 140 watts (33 watts in Triode mode) per channel, below 0.04% at 1 watt (Note that actual power output is dependent upon both line voltage and “condition” ie: if power line has high distortion, maximum power will be affected adversely, although from a listening standpoint this is not critical)
(-3dB points) 7Hz to 68kHz
(-3dB points at 1 watt) 0.7Hz to 94kHz
1.4V RMS Balanced for rated output. (25.5 dB gain into 8 ohms);
0.7V RMS SE for rated output.
300K ohms Balanced, 75K ohms Single Ended
Non-inverting. Balanced input pin 2+ (IEC-268)
16 ohms, 8 ohms, 4 ohms
Approximately 1.0dB 16 Ohm Load to Open Circuit
(Damping factor approximately 8)
OVERALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK
105-130VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 420 watts at rated output,
280 watts in Triode mode, 221 watts at “idle”, 3.6 watts off Units for Japan: 100VAC 50/60Hz
2 matched pair KT150 (Power output V1-V4); 2 6H30 (Gain stage V5, V6)
Width 18.5” (47 cm) chassis; 19.0” (48.26 cm) faceplate.
Height 10.5” (26cm)
Depth 18.5” (47 cm)
With handles & connectors: 21” (53.3 cm)
62 lbs. (28.2 kg) Net; 73 lbs. (32.7 kg) Shipping.