PSI AVAA C20 active sound absorber
PSI AVAA, developed in Switzerland, is the only active "bass trap" on the market that solves the problem of "bass standing waves" for everyone.
The bass is no longer bloated, with better analysis and smoother response.
1. Comparable to the old "bass trap" with 25 times the volume
2. Automatically remove excess standing waves from 15 to 150 weeks
3. No adjustment required, plug and play
4. No DSP, no latency
5. Suitable for any room
6. One AVAA is very effective, and two AVAAs are used at the same time for even better results.
True active bass absorption
True active bass absorption (and not noise canceling) – the AVAA C20 is the first of its kind. Many people from the audio industry call it a revolution. Easy to set up and move, no calibration required, and efficient like passive absorbers 25 times For its size, the AVAA C20 takes care of any room modes between 15 Hz and 150 Hz.
- AVAA is a revolution in room acoustics!
- AVAA is designed to absorb the standing waves in a room between 15 Hz and 150 Hz.
- Same effect as creating a huge hole in your wall no calibration required.
- AVAA = Active Velocity Acoustic Absorber.
- The AVAA absorbs room modes between 15 and 150 Hz.
- 100% ANALOGUE, no DSP, no latency.
- As effective as a perfect passive absorber up to 25 times its size.
- No calibration or settings are required.
- No sound emitted and no alteration of the sound source.
- 2 AVAAs will make a significant difference in normal sized room.
- Works in any type of room: recording, mixing, mastering, listening.
The efficiency of the AVAA C20:
In a 20m2 recording studio equipped with 2 big loudspeakers, the sweetspot was quite precise from 200Hz upward but had a low end problem, especially at 32 Hz, due to the dimensions of the room.
With the addition of only 2 AVAAs, the problems were solved:
- Better balance from the lowest note until the highest one.
- 300ms reduction of the 32 Hz reflections
- Better stereo imaging in the lower end
First picture: no AVAAs
Second picture: 2 AVAAs, 1 in each front corner
The AVAA can be more effective than a perfect absorber of its own dimension by imposing a very low impedance around it.
Equivalent absorbing area of one AVAA depending on the frequency. The AVAA has a surface of 0.2m2 so an equivalent absorption area of 4 m2 is 20 times more effective than a perfect absorber the size of the device!
A lifetime investment
Sustainable development starts by making sustainable products.
PSI Audio builds products that will last for many decades.
And with over 45 years in the market, we can confirm they do.
No built-in failures, no planned obsolescence – just reliable quality tools for professionals.
It is always worth getting THE REAL THING!