- PXLGLASS™ Features Overview
- 18Gbps (4K60 8-bit 4:4:4) Ultra HD extension up to 50m
- Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range compatible (4K60 12-bit 4:2:2 - 18Gbps)
- HDR10, HDR10+ & HLG compatible (4K60 10-bit 4:2:0 - 11.1Gbps)
- ARC, CEC 2.0 supported & HDCP 2.2/1.4 compatible
- Plug and Play • No external power required
- Ultra thin cable diameter (OD 4.5mm), with an allowable bend radius down to 20mm
- Pull strength of 30 kilograms
Canada's Pixelgen Design Inc.'s PXLGLASS HDMI Interconnect solution can provide up to 50m optical fiber HDMI cables that meet the 4K standard/18Gbps transmission rate.
Pixelgen is the industry's first THX-certified 4K interconnect solution based on fiber optic materials for long-distance transmission. Meets 100% uncompressed 4K signal transmission and complete HDMI protocol.
PXLGLASS HDMI cable uses a unique Copper/Fiber Hybrid solution: fiber is used to transmit high-speed TMDS signals, and copper wire is used to transmit low-speed communication signals, such as HDCP 2.2 and CEC 2.0. This hybrid method of long-distance transmission can ensure the stability, reliability and interconnection characteristics of transmission under the highest standards, and realize the "transmission of truly uncompressed (or TRUE) signals" pursued by Pixelgen.
PXLGLASS is THX certified: All PXLGLASS HDMI cables ensure uncompressed transmission under the HDMI protocol in all 4K formats. Peter Vasay, Senior Vice President of Technical Operations at THX, said: “THX is excited about the potential of PXLGLASS for installations in larger or more expansive home theater spaces. Pixelgen is at the forefront of transmitting 4K video over long distances!”